2020 will not be soon forgotten and despite the challenges that presented themselves this year there were plenty of opportunities for growth and connection.
Here’s my personal observations and highlights:
- My 21 year-old son and I can be locked in the house together for 5 months and not only survive, but thrive. I was grateful to have him around and so enjoyed time together we would have never had.
- The human spirit is alive and well. I was so moved by how people pulled together to support each other, mostly on Zoom, and lend an ear and share a virtual cocktail.
- Thanks to COVID and work shifting to virtual I was able to spend 10 days with my dad at his favorite place, Madeline Island, WI. He passed away just a few weeks after that trip. So grateful for those memories.
- There is life without Orange Theory! I transformed my family room into a 1 person studio.
- Startups were built for COVID. Startups and Founders are used to pivoting, beta testing, and mid-course corrections. I am so proud of all the founders that reacted quickly and made lemonade out of lemons. Great job!
Thank you for your business, support, friendship and resilience this past year. I’m grateful to have such wonderful people in my life.